We’re seeking ambitious, creative, and fearless individuals to join our foundational sales team. We’ve developed a uniquely successful SaaS and K12 go-to-market strategy that focuses on landing and very quickly expanding large district partners. We’re now looking to bring on a Senior Account Executive eager to collaborate, refine, and build a new category within educational technology.
A strong candidate has a history of closing, presenting, and building consensus across C-level buyers, and enjoys pitching new value propositions with a broad spectrum of users. Your sales style is rooted in strong discovery and qualification, and experience working in a number of different markets with different platform products has taught you how to adapt quickly and manage a high level of complexity.
You feel strongly about learning and working together as a team. Your teammates are a great source of information and tips for you and you’re just as willing to be that for them. You prefer sharing what you learn in the field and are excited to establish repeatable and sustainable sales processes that scale.
Salary range includes variable compensation based on quota attainment.
Your responsibilities will include
- Defining and implementing territory sales plans that strategically build a network of key clients, advocates, and extend market reach.
- Consistently achieving or exceeding annual quota targets within territory through new clients, upsells, and cross-selling.
- Prospecting and managing pipeline with 3-6 month sales cycles and a dynamic buyer landscape.
- Developing relationships with director and Superintendent-level roles through solution selling and in-person visits, while achieving buy in from all relevant stakeholders.
- Maximizing territory penetration and keeping abreast of industry and market dynamics affecting the selling environment.
- Prioritizing and managing sales activities through our CRM database.
- Collaborating with peers and customer success to achieve individual and team goals.
- Representing Informed K12 at conferences and other networking events.
Who you are
- Entrepreneurial. You’re industrious and can do a lot with a little. You demonstrate initiative at all stages of the partnership cycle – from maintaining existing relationships to identifying new prospects and managing deliveries.
- Strategic & Goal-oriented. You imagine possibilities left and right. And yet you always have a vision for where you’re headed and only pursue ideas and opportunities that help support that strategic direction.
- Life-long learner. You love learning and continuously leverage different resources (including your peers and network) to gain new skills and refine your selling style.
- Ready to speak your mind and challenge the status quo. You have a reputation for being sharp and articulate, well-informed, and well-prepared for every encounter. You have a strong and confident presence.
- You welcome a challenge. You want to build something with everyday impact and real long term value
What you’ll need
- Above all, an ability to quickly identify and clearly pitch value propositions to the right buyer at the right time. You’ll need to sell and achieve quotas of $600,000+ a year.
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating increasing responsibility in business development, partnerships, and mid-market to enterprise SaaS sales (K-12 Sales preferred but not required).
- Start-up experience a plus, including (but not limited to) taking a new product to market and category creation.
- Experience learning and selling to different markets.
- Proven track record of success using a consultative or solution sales approach.
- You are well-versed in how to manage a sales cycle, using your ability to listen and connect to make clients to commit to next steps.
- A quantifiable track record that illustrates your ability to stay organized, connect with buyers, and achieve on measurable goals.
- Tangible experience selling to diverse buying groups, including experience navigating complex organizations and selling to highest level decision makers.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, you are able to sell a vision to diverse audiences fluidly.
- Experience with a CRM, Salesforce preferred