- 100% Remote job
- Comp: $60K–120K base; 0.1 to 0.3% stock options
- Exciting, early-stage tech startup poised for growth
- Gaining strong traction in $7B Kubernetes DevSecOps automation space
- In business since 2013; strong financials
- Veteran exec team; great culture; fun place to work
ABOUT THE JOB
Nirmata is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and experienced Community Manager to help grow and manage Kyverno, a Kubernetes policy engine, created by Nirmata and now part of the Cloud Native Compute Foundation (CNCF).
If you love to understand the nuances of how OSS software is built, can create captivating content, inspire technical audiences across channels, and work across different communities and organizations, we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will work closely with the Nirmata product, engineering, marketing and sales teams, as well as interact with open source software community members. You will drive events, content, media campaigns, and more!
In complex systems, policies drive autonomy and alignment across roles. Kubernetes policies establish a digital contract across developers and operations teams.
The Nirmata platform provides a unified Kubernetes management plane, and Kyverno started life as a module in the platform. Kyverno was moved into the Kubernetes control plane once custom resource definitions and admission control webhooks were supported by Kubernetes.
To make it easy to secure and manage any Kubernetes cluster, Nirmata open sourced Kyverno under an Apache v2 license, and donated Kyverno to the CNCF in Nov 2020. Nirmata continues to build the community and grow Kyverno by developing new features and capabilities.
- Engage with the community to drive adoption of Kyverno
- Respond to questions from community members regarding features and usage of Kyverno
- Provide community feedback to the management and stakeholders
- Participate in social events, corporate events and workshops
- Organize community (virtual and in person) events, such as meet-ups, and drive awareness and attendance for the events
- Write blogs and other technical content to position Nirmata as a thought leader in the community
- Monitor social media campaigns and analyze web traffic from the online community using key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Find new marketing and outreach opportunities to push brand image and products
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in community management for open-source technologies
- Must have built and managed a community at least 2K to 5K in size
- Experience in hands-on content creation (video, audio, graphics)
- 1+ years of professional social media marketing experience
- Should have the ability to engage in technical discussions
- Exercises good problem-solving skills, using sound judgement in varied situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with high degree of social interactions
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time (post-pandemic)
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies preferred
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision; Equity awards; Flexible time off; Remote – work anywhere; Home office setup assistance