As a Director on the Operational Finance team, you will oversee mission-critical treasury and cash management processes, including asset and liability management (ALM). This role reports to the Director, Operational Finance and will have an expansive view of the entire company. We expect our Directors to become senior members of BlockFi by working cohesively with team leads in other functions within the organization.
- Partner with the Institutional Trading and Lending, Middle Office Ops, Credit, Risk, and Product teams to develop scalable treasury and ALM processes that ensure our liquidity meets the needs of our various product offerings
- Forecast and report on key balance sheet metrics including fiat and crypto liquidity, asset utilization and rates, and overall asset exposure
- Propose and implement balance sheet optimization strategies and operational enhancements
- Review and optimize our system validations, transaction flows, and reconciliations in conjunction with Middle Office Ops and Accounting
- Serve as the Finance team’s ambassador for all treasury inputs to existing and new operational working groups, playing a strategic role in the implementation of cash and crypto routing in support of new products, assets/currencies, and operational processes
- Attack complex problems on short notice while managing competing priorities
- Oversee an increasingly complex portfolio of cryptocurrency holdings and investments
- Manage existing accounts and new account creation for crypto and fiat platforms like Modern Treasury, BitGo, Fireblocks, and others, including administration and access control for these platforms
- Hire, coach, mentor, and develop a growing team to ensure high performance while maintaining exceptional enthusiasm
- 7-10 years of relevant treasury and ALM management experience; ideally within a bank or similar financial institution
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Finance, or related quantitative field
- Minimum intermediate skill level in Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong experience communicating complex financial concepts to non-finance team members
- Demonstrated ability to see processes beyond the short term and plan for rapid scaling
- Proven ability to independently manage and execute projects to completion
- Intellectual curiosity and desire for personal and professional improvement
- Knowledge of Fedwire, ACH, and core crypto transaction/wallet mechanics
- Knowledge of digital assets infrastructure and markets
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and/or crypto is a huge plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company’s valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand