NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving entrepreneurial team currently exploring the intersection of women and fitness. We move with speed and purpose, taking calculated risks and failing fast – all with one goal in mind: serving consumers in new and unimagined ways. In support of that mission, we are seeking an experienced Strategy and Operations Director to oversee multiple, high priority workstreams across the project.
We are looking for a seasoned project management leader and operator with strong influencing and communication skills and deep expertise leading digital product and consumer technology initiatives. This role requires someone who can build relationships across functions, align workstreams, prioritize competing demands and, ultimately, drive successful execution of the program.
- Project Management – serve as the project co-lead working lockstep with the Entrepreneur-in-Residence, assessing and understanding overall program objectives and partnering with internal teams to build and manage an integrated roadmap; provide strategic direction, track and iterate on workstreams, develop and manage timelines, and deliver and create presentations to/for key partners
- Research and insights – guide research into specific marketplace trends, consumer segments, emerging technologies to determine the attractiveness of incubating potential new ideas.
- Strategy and vision – help deliver against the overall project vision and strategy; comfortable pitching to senior leaders and know how to bring others on the journey with you, with inspiration, clear communications and deep listening skills. You have prior experience representing a company, brand or team.
- Team building and development – help manage a small team and build strong team dynamics. Build collaborative relationships within the team, across internal departments, and with business partners as appropriate
- Process and Reporting: Establish efficient program and project management standards, tools, and processes. Develop dashboards and metrics as needed to summarize program status and drive data driven decision making.
- 7+ years as a Project Operations Director / Project Management Lead or relevant experience
- Ability to easily shift between high level strategy and tactical execution
- Entrepreneurial mentality with a strong bias towards action
- Proactive and able to drive initiatives/ideas into tangible results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, with a high sense of accountability, urgency, and drive
- You are comfortable with a start-up environment, understand the need for context switching, multi-tasking and taking a human centered design approach and/or using agile methodologies to test and build new capabilities, products and services in the market.
- Empathy and self-awareness – you are an agile and willing to be a constant learner, open to coaching and feedback. You have demonstrated deep self-awareness, a constant curiosity and a thirst to grow.
- Deep experience supporting cross-functional, matrixed and/or global teams
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to challenge the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic, results-oriented matrixed environment
- Relevant experience in fitness, digital product, innovation, and operations preferred.
Role Type: 12 month W2 contract