Position: Global Tax Analyst
- Assist with design and implementation of a global tax program for customers and business partners as it relates to the financial and other services provided by Alpaca.
- Oversee day-to-day tax processes to include;
- Ensuring adequate controls are in place for tax withholding and reporting obligations, including W-8 and W-9 certifications and validation, and withholding requirements.
- Ensuring Federal, State, and non-US withholding amounts are deposited with the appropriate tax authority or agency and filing of withholding reconciliation returns.
- Ensure proper and timely completion of domestic and international direct and indirect tax returns, including all related analysis and support.
- Identify and monitor for indirect tax applicability, collection and reporting requirements and processes.
- Management of tax related audits and the tax related portion of other audits.
- Own tax planning projects and tax-specific workstreams for integration initiatives, product launches, and international business expansion.
- Manage the reporting on account balance information for customers to the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Act as the point of contact for Tax Compliance to technology and report tax related systems issues, improvements and technology enhancements.
- Helping maintain an awareness of customer information tax risk issues across Alpaca and ensuring appropriate escalation and the necessary follow-up and as needed.
- Ad hoc duties and projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in accounting, tax, and/or international business.
- CPA desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in tax compliance or reporting.
- Prefer tax experience in a multinational organization.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and reliability with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and supportively within a team environment and the ability to work independently and remotely.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to a changing business and regulatory environment.
- Enjoys challenges and taking ownership of new responsibilities
For more information about us, go to https://alpaca.markets/
Apply now for the remote ‘Global Tax Analyst’ position!
You can also view all of our remote job openings here.