Blavity Inc. is looking for a Graphic Designer to deliver graphic design for all digital platforms for Blavity, Inc. From social to display, newsletters, and web, the Graphic Designer promotes our digital products through creative design. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is an artist who demonstrates original ideas, plans resources and other work to meet objects, can work at varying levels of abstraction, and is a master of design software.
This 1099 Contract role reports directly into the VP of Brand.
- Use brand guidelines and templates to design social graphics for Blavity events, editorial, and digital products.
- Design and resize banner ads
- Design branded templates for campaign and product promotions
- Ensure all projects are delivered on deadline, and in line with the Blavity Inc. brand vision
- Work in a detail-oriented fashion by delivering projects according to initial specifications and requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- Experience: 2-3 years as a professional graphic designer
- Technologies: Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- High-energy, company-first, positive attitude; must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Naturally detail-oriented
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
This position is a 1099 Contract, which requires a minimum time commitment of 20 hours per week.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate
Apply now for the remote ‘Graphic Designer’ position!
You can also view all of our remote job openings here.