We’re looking for a Product Designer to join the quickly growing team and help shape the design & functionality of our industry leading investment app.
Rally is transforming 100T of illiquid assets into tradable securities, a market size 3X larger than today’s global equity market, all from within the framework of a seamless app experience. What we’ve built is a platform for easily buying & selling stock in high-value assets with a history of appreciation, similar to the way you buy & sell any publicly traded stock. We started with classic cars in 2017 and have since moved into over a dozen categories including watches, wine, high-end memorabilia, sports cards, and a multitude of other asset classes with huge enthusiast groups, but previously inaccessible equity access.
The proprietary process we’ve created for investing in alternative assets has become a catalyst for revolutionizing retail investing, and has been cited as one of the drivers creating an entirely new marketplace for buying and selling collectibles of all types. In short, Rally has taken a moonshot idea – what if you could invest in things the same way you invest in companies? – and created a brand new investment category at the intersection of consumer passion and financial markets. Our big-picture goal is to democratize investing, enabling investment in assets historically available only to the wealthy.
The Product Designer role at Rally will focus on creating the aesthetic and the experience for our world-class investment product across platforms with a focus on mobile design. This role includes exploring, designing, and supporting the Rally UX and UI, from prototyping through release. You’ll be involved in prototyping, joining in on strategy discussions, and designing app elements through developer hand-off. You’ll be working with a close-knit Product & Design team that plays a critical role in shaping the future of Rally – and as a product leader in the space, the future of investing.
- Create top-tier prototypes and experiences, both alone and with other designers and key stakeholders
- Be delivering front-end UI design work that injects usability and delight into the user experience as we continue to push creative boundaries
- Work closely with our PMs and Product Team, discovering and solving user pain points using the most up to date tools and design methodologies
- Be instrumental in improving the aesthetic and the usability of Rally across all platforms
- Support the Chief Product Officer and other key stakeholders in driving the design direction for the future of Rally
- 4+ years of experience designing and shipping product, preferaby iOS (though we are willing to accommodate a wide range of experience levels)
- A strong portfolio demonstrating pixel-perfect eye candy, interactive designs, and ability to solve complex problems
- UI experience on multiple platforms (iOS and Web), and you aggressively stay on top of the latest mobile standards
- Worked with teams to build and ship mobile products that users love
- Ability to empathize with a wide range of users, often different from yourself, to understand what they need
- Experience working with engineers, including communication, understanding platform limitations, and asset production
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, and standard prototyping tools
Nice to Have
- User testing experience
- Icon design and animation experience
- Familiarity with design tools like Sketch and Figma and Product Management systems like Jira.
- A functional understanding of the stock market, bid/ask trading, and equity investing
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Coverage
- Health and Flexible Savings Accounts
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Leave, and Company Holidays)
- Remote friendly
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible – email email@example.com.
Rally focuses on Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that’s between 11-50 employees. To date, Rally has raised $27M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2020.
You can view our website at https://www.rallyrd.com or find them on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Product Hunt.
Apply now for the remote ‘Product Designer’ position!
You can also view all of our remote job openings here.