Position: Program Manager, Product Security
Much has been said about a future of “connected cars.” At Tesla, we make it happen. We regularly send over-the-air software updates to our vehicle fleet, seamlessly delivering new features and improvements to our customers. Our mobile applications allow customers to interact with their cars via real-time, low-latency two-way communication. Today we remotely identify potential vehicle issues before a customer does—and often fix problems remotely too. To this end information and product security is of the utmost importance.
Tesla is looking for a Technical Program Manager to manage our Vehicle Software Security initiatives. This individual will manage multiple cross-functional software & security teams, ensuring the design and development of our embedded software security systems for vehicles, batteries, and charging systems. This cross-disciplinary role will entail assessing requirements, identifying risks, managing development schedules, and communicating clearly with project stakeholders. In short, this individual will be responsible for helping ensure internal security initiatives are prioritized and properly communicated throughout the firmware organization.
- Help ensure Tesla’s products are implemented to a high security standard: Model S / Model X / Model 3 / Model Y / Semitruck / Roadster / Powerwall
- Work with teams to implement, identify and advance security at Tesla.
- Coordinate between different security teams, and set clear expectations about responsibilities.
- Work with Tesla teams and external suppliers to drive remediation.
- Help to design a secure connected vehicle architecture.
- Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
- Lead security initiatives and serve as a point of contact.
- Work with vendors, partners, and other Tesla teams to drive remediation.
- Assist design teams in developing secure automotive systems.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects.
- Experience with security in one or more of the following: threat modeling, incident/emergency response, OS hardening, vulnerability management, penetration testing, or cryptographic concepts.
- Strong investigative and analytical problem solving skills.
- Experience managing execution and high quality product delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Automotive experience a plus but not required
Apply now for the remote ‘Program Manager, Product Security’ position!
You can also view all of our remote job openings here.