Position: Sales Director
Blavity Inc. is seeking a Sales Director to manage a team of sellers to achieve quarterly and annual sales targets, provide direction for Sales and Product strategies, and develop strategic relationships with key client accounts. This position partners closely with the Sales team to consultatively sell Blavity services to advertisers and partners. Services include integrated marketing programs and branded content across desktop, mobile, video, social media, and live/virtual events. The ideal candidate has a passion for relationship building, strong analytical skills, and a solid understanding of how the digital media ecosystem works.
This position reports directly into the Vice President of Business Development.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of 3-5 Blavity Account Executives and 3-4 Sales Assistants
- Maintain a cadence of weekly 1:1s and Sales team meetings
- Facilitate key introductions, and appropriately distribute inbound leads to the Sales team
- Optimize commission policy and “territory” structure; systems and technology, reporting, materials, products and pricing, etc.
- Prepare monthly sales reports, forecast and manage pipeline using CRM tools, and communicate clear reporting to senior management and executives
- Partner with Blavity Marketing, Engineering, Programmatic Advertising, and Live Events teams to create and sell comprehensive solutions across the entire Blavity ecosystem
- Act as a leader across the entire sales cycle including demand generation, qualification, opportunity management, and contract closure
- Personally drive revenue from new and existing relationships with key brands and agencies by uncovering net-new opportunities and use cases, accelerating and growing the adoption of Blavity Solutions, and cross-selling additional solutions
- Meet or exceed team revenue goals on a quarterly basis across web, mobile, video, content, social media, and live events
- Education: Undergraduate degree
- Experience: 5+ years of digital advertising sales, with focus on selling custom content and integrated campaigns; successfully managed a team of 3+ sales representatives
- Technologies: Demonstrated experience with using PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Salesforce to convey ideas and compelling stories
- Knowledge of digital media, online publishing technology, and the competitive landscape
- Strong relationships with advertising agencies and national advertising clients
- Proven go-getter with ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Experience selling integrated programs (more than just banners) including events, custom content, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative, outgoing, and entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility without getting easily flustered
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- High-energy, company-first, positive attitude
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
Details: This is a Full-Time, remote position which may require attendance to ad hoc meetings out of our DTLA office.
Apply now for the remote ‘Sales Director’ position!
You can also view all of our remote job openings here.