Position: Sales Planner, Digital Media
About Blavity, Inc.: Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million millennials per month through our growing brand portfolio which includes: Blavity News, Blavity Politics, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. Team executes with our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, and Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
Job Summary: Blavity, Inc. is seeking an experienced Sales Planner to join our growing Sales Operations team in service of supporting multi-channel campaigns. The Sales Planner will build and maintain close relationships with various members of the Sales, Ad Ops, Client Services (CS), and Sales Operations teams. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of all digital media advertising formats and strategies – especially display, social, and video – and understands how to take direction in building impactful media plans.
This position reports directly to the Director, Sales Operations.
- Develop multi-channel media plans for digital and experiential campaigns, including: digital display, editorial, video, social, events, and conference sponsorships
- Manage RFP process, with often competing media plan requests, across our Digital and AfroTech Sales teams; leveraging established best practices and protocols for case management in Salesforce
- Coordinate with internal/external stakeholders to ensure that production, marketing, social, design, and campaign launch details are accurately documented and captured in Salesforce; including the execution of budget revisions such as incremental spend, optimizations, makegoods, and cancellations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of our product catalog and leverage this knowledge to make strategic recommendations on complimentary products, make goods, and added value
- Adhere to data quality standards across our OMS and CRM systems, ensuring revenue information is updated accurately and on time throughout the opportunity and campaign lifecycle (e.g. budget revisions, change requests, underdelivery, cancellation, etc.)
- Liaise with the Ad Ops team pre-sales to reserve digital ad inventory
- Liaise with the Ad Ops team post-sales to establish go-live dates for newsletter and takeovers
- Identify areas for improvement within the pre-sale process and recommend solutions to drive operational efficiencies
- Education: Undergraduate degree
- Experience: Minimum 1-3 years prior media planning experience supporting high-volume Sales teams at a Publisher or Agency
- Technologies: Intermediate experience with Excel/Sheets, Salesforce, and an OMS (PIO/Operative) and other media planning software
- Proficiency in media and digital advertising terminology
- Independent, entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility with a positive demeanor and approach when handling day-to-day tasks
- Comfort with ambiguity and a proven love for transforming unorganized/complex data into rigorously structured, insight-oriented solutions
- High-energy, company-first, positive attitude: must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; outgoing and sociable; willing to wear multiple hats
- Naturally detail-oriented, with an obsessive need to document and communicate findings
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and black culture
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate
Apply now for the remote ‘Sales Planner, Digital Media’ position!
You can also view all of our remote job openings here.