Position: Senior Manager, Global Real Estate and Facilities
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport will be publicly listed on NASDAQ this year. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Matterport is searching for our next Senior Manager, Global Real Estate and Facilities, to lead and maintain our real estate and facilities initiatives. Reporting directly to our Chief People Officer, you will be responsible for our global real estate portfolio, new and renewal lease agreements and amendment review/ execution, overseeing facilities operations, maintenance & planning, security and general services contracts plus financial analysis and budgeting for multiple locations. You should be a strong negotiator and not afraid to ask the tough questions. The role will be a leader in developing our new post-COVID workplace strategy. We are looking for a true innovator and thought leader who will help to design our spaces, renovations and new construction. You should be passionate about helping make our spaces even more outstanding and continuing the tradition of making Matterport an exceptional environment in which to work. We expect you to develop proactive, strong interactions with customers and suppliers alike, while providing a safe, secure, productive and fun working experience for your Team. Accountability and transparency are essential, as well as having a player/coach mentality. While we have offices around the world, we prefer this role be based in our corporate HQ (Sunnyvale, CA) or Chicago.
- Own and manage processes, tools, policies, and playbooks related to global real estate, lease administration, project management (construction and design) and facilities management.
- Play a lead role in creating innovative space for our Matterpeeps on a global basis.
- Help to develop the Matterport@Anywhere platform as we move to a more remote workforce.
- Communication and training related to real estate, project and facilities management functions in partnership with the regions.
- Consulting on sophisticated real estate, project and facilities management issues and strategies.
- Provide program support and governance to the regional teams. Alignment with the priorities to enable standardizing the delivery process and consistency in the employee experience.
- Work closely with regional leads, project and facilities managers in our regional organizations for the US, EMEA, and APAC. Other stakeholders include HR, Finance, Corporate Communications, IT and Procurement.
- Management and governance oversight of the tools and systems such as IWMS, PowerBi, AutoCAD, etc. to enable comprehensive data management and reporting
- Develop processes to ensure seamless programs and procedures between real estate, planning, project management and ongoing operations.
- Manage the Company’s global portfolio including transactions, strategy, and lease administration.
- Support international locations and provide guidance on real estate and facility initiatives including programming, branding, security, health and safety and standardization of company policies and procedures.
- Provide financial analysis for transactions, planning, reporting and idea development.
- Support transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, relocations.
- Prepare presentations for management, including updates and changes to the portfolio, providing recommendations and facilitating the approval process.
- Lead financial planning and serve as POC for budgeting, forecasting and reporting of expenses and develop/administer capital and operating expense budgets.
- Develop appropriate departmental KPI’s and then monitor and report on them as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a high tech environment with over 200 employees with manufacturing facilities
- Knowledge of costs and standards regarding environmental, safety, fire, and building code standards
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing
- Display ability to administer and manage multi-task programs
- Strong project management skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- An eye for interior design and aesthetics
- Able to perform limited maintenance and trades functions
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.
Matterport focuses on Digital Media, Hardware, Cloud Computing, Photography, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, London, Sunnyvale, and Lawrence. They have a large team that’s between 201-500 employees. To date, Matterport has raised $104M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.
You can view their website at http://www.matterport.com/ or find them on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Product Hunt.
Apply now for the remote ‘Senior Manager, Global Real Estate and Facilities’ position!
You can also view all of our remote job openings here.